Are you the person that keeps getting headaches that just don’t seem to go away no matter what you do?
We understand why you are experiencing them, but let’s help YOU understand more.
Headaches are one of the most frequent health complaints with 76 percent of women and 57 percent of men saying they have a headache at least once a month. It comes as no surprise then that headaches cost the U.S. economy an estimated $17 billion a year in lost work, disability payments, and health care expenses. There have been many suggestive theories as to what causes headaches and migraines and with that said the medications being prescribed are largely unsuccessful.
There are several different types of headaches. Identifying the symptoms you are experiencing, what time of day they occur, and how long they last can help define what type of headache you may be experiencing.
Let’s take a closer look at the different types of Headaches:
- Soreness near the temples
- Tightening of muscles around the neck and head
- Pressure sensation in the head
- Temporary anxiety
- Poor posture
- Jaw clenching
- Eye strain
- Noise sensitivity
- Light sensitivity
- Attacks come in groups of 1-4, experienced throughout the day
- Lasts 30-45 minutes
- Usually one-sided pain described as throbbing or burning
- Can be accompanied by watery eyes
- Family history
- Pain usually felt near the temples and in the front or back of the head
- Accompanied by the BIG THREE; Nausea, Sensitivity to Light and Sound sensitivity
- Feels like a train is driving through your head
- Hard to focus on anything, especially with vision
- Depression and Anxiety
- Breathing problems
- Feels like, if you drill a hole in your head, you can let out the pain (In the Dark ages, their thinking was, there was an evil spirit that needed to be let out)
- Once it starts, nothing seems to affect it
- Can last up to a week
- Fatigue (Adrenal glands overworked)
- Hormonal changes
- Lack of sleep
- Too much caffeine
- Missing meals
- Additives in food (nitrates, MSG, etc.)
- Can become addicted to Pain Meds
- Multiple episodes per month
- Regular use of headache medications may alter the way certain pain pathways and receptors work in the brain
- Overuse of medication (especially if it contains caffeine)
- Can be caused by prescription pain medications, over-the-counter pain relievers or combinations of other medications
- Localized pain at or around the sinus area
- Pressure that is not relieved by blowing the nose
- Lose of the sense of smell
- Intense pressure behind the eyes
- Ears may not equalize to pressure
- A sign that your Liver may be stagnate ( Blood test does not show this condition)
- Inflammation of sinuses due to allergies, tumor or recurrent infections
- Over use of medications
- Anger, frustration (General lack of patience)
- Overgrowth of Yeast, Mold or Fungus (Yeast the most common)
What about Medications?
There are many types of medications people experiment with to resolve their headaches. In fact, a survey put out by Consumer Reports found that 31 percent of over the counter medication users admitted that they did not always carefully follow directions on labels, and some readers acknowledged that they don’t consider nonprescription medication to be as “serious” as prescribed drugs. Therefore, side effects are not being considered when consumers use over the counter medications especially when combining them with the current medications they are on.
SIDE EFFECTS of Prescription drugs
- Tingling or numbness in your toes
- Tightness or discomfort in your chest or throat
While the traditional medical treatment of headaches has focused on prescription medications which does not address the cause of the symptoms, many alternative modalities are effective in preventing headaches.
Chiropractic Care for Headaches & Migraines by Dr Patrick Price
When it comes to getting relief, your chiropractor will become your new best friend. The Adjustment by itself will give tremendous relief by taking pressure off of the compressed nerves, allowing normal blood flow that was once restricted return. The normal range of motion will also return back to the neck region once again as well.
Some patients explain that the once heavy feeling in their head and constricted muscles surrounding this area are completely gone! The mind becomes clear again and thoughts are back to normal, this is when you can return to being productive once again. Everyday task become easier to perform again when your mind is sharp and your cervical spine is adjusted properly. It’s wonderful to return back to the life that you were once not enjoying because of pain and restrictions.
What to eat, what to drink, what supplements should I be taking, what should I avoid so this does not happen again – these are all good questions to have answered by someone who truly understands what you are going through.
- Meal planning
- Staying hydrated
- Supplements to take
- Learning to Detoxify your body
- Foods and substance to Avoid
- Stress relief techniques
Many of us will have encountered some negative events in our life and are just not sure on how to take action or what their next step should be. This just happens to be an area that Dr Price enjoys spending time with each patient, especially with his many unique systems already in place. These systems help guide each person back into a place of balance, and elevates confidence in each person. Helping you to make more healthy choices in life and see the “Light” at the end of the tunnel once again.
- Goal Setting (Pleasure List)
- Emotional Release of old Negative feelings
- Elimination of “Limited Beliefs”
- Learning to Pray/Meditate/Be at Peace with Self
- Tai Chi/Yoga/Breathing
Chiropractic Treatment Plans for Headaches Houston
Your plan will be individually “customized” depending on your condition, age and how long you have had your current condition. Patience is what is needed when being treated, your headaches will soon be a thing of the past. As one doctor said, “a baby takes 9 months to be born, your body heals only as quickly as it can.”
Here is what happens first:
- Comprehensive Exam – You will have a one hour first visit so we can completely examine you and complete our specific testing methods.
- X-rays or MRI – Not everyone needs X-rays or MRI’s in the beginning treatment phase, but if there is trauma or extreme pain we will advise you to have these procedures performed.
- Customized Treatment Plan – one shoe does not fit all, so Dr Price’s treatment plans are very specific to your personal needs.
- Specialized Chiropractic Adjustments – as stated before, Dr Price uses a wide variety of techniques since he has been in practice for many years, but for headaches there are very unique and special adjustments just for this condition.
Relief is just around the corner.