Benefits of Coconut Oil
Benefits of Coconut Milk Powder
Ready? Lets move….
Coconut Milk Powder is highly beneficial to the consumer on every level. When looking for alternatives to fats for your beverages and shakes look no further than coconut milk powder. It can even be used for making desserts, puddings and adding to your morning coffee or tea. We use it every morning in our Yerbe Mate tea and it blends quite well. The oil has no taste where the milk powder has a nice flavor. The powder is 65% or more coconut oil which is rich in medium chain fatty acids.
There are four basic points to be made when looking at the health benefits of coconut oil:
1. Almost all oils made in American are made from seeds like soybeans, canola, almonds, sesame seeds, sunflower, grape seed and more. These seed oils are mostly made of triglycerides containing long chain fatty acids. Once eaten, these long chain fatty acids need to be emulsified by bile salts. (Bile salts are produced by the liver, stored in the gallbladder and dumped into the small intestine as needed for digestion.
They are the emulsifying agents that draw the fats into the aqueous food solutions of the intestinal tract where lipase, a digestive enzyme, can work on them. The long chain fatty acids are now broken down into triglycerides made of 14 carbon atoms. This is the standard “energy storage unit” for the body. We call it body fat. All carbohydrates eaten in excess of energy requirements are also converted into these 14 carbon chain triglycerides. They are bound to HDL and LDL in the bloodstream and then transported into storage.
Since coconut oil contains mostly 8,10, and 12 carbon chain triglycerides (medium chain triglycerides), instead of being digested and traveling in the blood stream it is directly absorbed into the portal vein and goes into the liver without requiring lipase or bile salts for digestion. In the liver, these medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) support the immune system and help to cleanse the body of pathogens, toxins, etc. These supportive actions continue on as the MCTs travel through the lymphatic system to the cells of the body.
Since the medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil do not travel in the blood stream they have never been shown to contribute to heart disease, provided the oil has not been hydrogenated.
People without gall bladders or who cannot digest food well, especially people who cannot digest fats (such as people with cystic fibrosis) can and will thrive on coconut oil. Doctors doing research have known for a long time that the elderly, the and the very young thrive on formulas given them that contain coconut oil. Products like baby formula and Ensure use to be made with coconut oil. Sadly, even these items have fallen victim to the propaganda we have received over the last 50 years.
2. As the medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil travel throughout the body they are actually anti microbial compounds. For example, Lauric acid, which makes up about 50% of the coconut oil, becomes 2 mono-lauren. 2-mono-lauren dissolves the lipid envelope that protects most pathogenic bacteria and viruses. It also attacks pathogenic yeast and parasites. Lauric acid contained in a human mother’s breast milk is the major reason nursing infants have a high resistance to getting sick. Lauric acid in the diet will have the same effect, regardless of age. Its anti microbial properties have been helping people for thousands of years.
3. Coconut oil, because it is smaller than the standard storage unit, is burned for energy rather than stored. What this tends to do is increase the body’s metabolism. People with under-active thyroid glands often discover their basal temperature becomes normal from coconut oil use. Elderly Americans and many others with low energy notice they have energy again and a sense of well being they did not realize they had lost. And, unlike other energy the cell receives, the medium chain fatty acids do not require insulin. Most people in the U.S. have some degree of insulin resistance.
Most people as they age, even though they are eating, do not feel they are getting energy from their food. The reason for many people is insulin resistance. Oils made from CORN are the worst you can have especially if you have a blood sugar issue, it should be avoided at all cost. The good news is that if a person has coconut oil or coconut products in their diet, the fats will be used as energy and that energy is not dependent on the insulin system working. Therefore, diabetics can get good energy into their cells without insulin and people who take naps, or think they need naps in the middle of the afternoon, have energy again. Low Carb dieters, as well, can eat their low carbohydrate meals, but have the energy they would otherwise have received from carbohydrates.
4. Lastly, on the skin the medium chain fatty acids in the coconut oil are identical to the medium chain fatty acids found in sebum (oily residue on your scalp and skin). Normal flora that lives on our skin and keeps it healthy will actually live on the glycerol unit of the triglycerides, creating free fatty acids identical to those found in sebum. This allows the skin to have a slightly acidic pH ideal for keeping pathogens away and keeping the skin healthy.
For people with dandruff or red spots on their scalp, you just douse the scalp with coconut oil and leave it for about 20 minutes. Then shampoo. You will need to shampoo at least twice. This works better than tea tree oil shampoo from the health food store or anything else you have probably tried. If you have red spots on your skin try it there as well. If you need a little more power, add a drop or two of lemon or lavender essential oil to the coconut oil. Many people get out of the shower and reach for their little pot of coconut oil. They just dab it on and spread it all over, very lightly. A number of people have discovered that if they do this they eventually do not have to use deodorant.
Fasting made easy
Dr Price’s 3-3-3 Method
- Perform a 3 day cleanse using the OXY-DETOX
- Perform 3 days of fasting on your Spicy Lemonade!
- Perform 3 steps of the Liver/GB flush
The mixture (Spicy Lemonade):
- 1 gallon jug of distilled water
- 9 (or more) organic lemons squeezed
- 1/2 cup grade B maple syrup or Agave (can be purchased from Whole Foods market)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste (buy organic, and get a high heat element)
- Pour out some of the distilled water — to make room for the lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Shake to mix.
Drink water throughout the day to cleanse the toxins that are being released. Drink as much as you can, don’t worry if you don’t finish your gallon in a day.
On this cleanse:You will not feel that wonderful for the first 2 days, but the third day most feel energized. Many people have fasted this way for weeks at a time, so we know it is safe to do, but it is always good to talk with Dr Price about your condition before starting.
TO END THE FAST: Start digestive juices by mixing together and drinking 3 oz. fresh squeezed organic orange juice mixed with 3 oz. water. If that settles well, several hours later— try 6 oz. straight orange juice. For dinner: vegetable broth from steamed vegetables or make a soup. Just start slow with veggies and soups before eating a heavy meal.
The Flush: that evening on the third day perform a liver/gallbladder flush.
5pm – 10 Di-sodium phosphate pills (Standard Process)
7pm – 1 tbsp of Epsom salt in water (Wedge of Orange)
9pm – 1/4 cup of juice (Orange or Lemon) with 3/4 of olive oil
See Liver/GB cleanse for more details.
It’s when you loose your health that life becomes difficult. Of course the best solution is to never get to far behind in taking care of yourself, always performing cleanses at least once a month or more. Performing weekly exercises that you actually enjoy.
Dr Price performs this cleanse every three months. It’s one of his secret weapons for staying lean and having great health.